Who We Are
Displaced People in Action (DPIA) is a registered charity that has been helping displaced people (refugees and asylum seekers) integrate into their new lives in Wales since 2001.
The objectives of our charity, as laid out in our Memorandum and Articles of Association are as follows:
1. The relief of those seeking asylum and those granted refugee status who are in conditions of need, hardship and distress
2. To promote the integration of those seeking asylum and those granted refugee status by:
- The advancement of their education and the relief of unemployment through the provision of advice, guidance, support and services.
- The provision of facilities for recreation and other leisure time occupations in the interests of social welfare in order to improve their conditions of life.
- Advancing the education of the public in general about the issues relating to refugees and those seeking asylum.
- Supporting new and existing refugee community groups across Wales.
DPIA’s operations and activities would not be possible without the generous funding provided by the Lloyds Bank Foundation.